Friday, April 29, 2011

Pillows and Cushions

I was sorting out my yarn and found a bag of squares among my cottons. I'd made almost enough for a couple of baby blankets, but I apparently ran out of steam before finishing. So I used my free time this week to turn them into half a dozen cushions. Oh, I love cushions!





If you'd like to make your own pillows or cushions, but you're afraid of the odiousness of sewing - never fear! I have a relatively painless tutorial for fleece-backed crochet cushion covers here.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I DO consider sewing to be odious, because I am not even remotely adept at it. That said, your cushions are marvelous and inspiring, and I SHALL visit your tutorial and give it a shot!!!

xoxo
Erica

iggystar said...

Ok, the tutorial is printed! I must make one whenever I actually get to crocheting! It's part of my 2011 crafting goals.

Voie de Vie said...

Your cushions are fabulous! However, I like covers that come off ... so I can change things up on a whim. :)

The Gingerbread Lady said...

They're removable covers indeed - for someone as klutzy as I am, removable covers are a must :-)

Tina said...

As much as I love the earthy soft colours of the previous post, I do also love these bright cushions! They smile at me through my screen. The yellow and orange is so sunny! Love them. Good idea to finally turn the squares into something so beautiful, they deserve it!
Tina

Susie said...

I love your cushions and all your crochet and I am going to use this post as an excuse to ride my hobby horse. It really annoys me when people say things like, crochet isn't just granny squares ha ha ha! Or similar, because granny squares are one of my favourite things in the world apart from cake, and if it was physically impossible ever to crochet anything else, then it would still be a marvellous craft.

I take up my hobby horse and I slink away ;-).

Alexandra said...

Beautiful! I love all the colors!

Just a Girl said...

These are so beautiful, I will be using your tutorial at some point as well! :)