Saturday, November 5, 2011

Behold, my madness!

Obsessive, moi?


But ... but ... they're so cute!
That was a short pause for the members of my family to pick themselves up off the floor - where they've no doubt fallen in paroxysms of laughter. For, yes, the Gingerbread tribe tends to be somewhat obsessive in our loves and hates, and I am no exception (and note to Gingerbread siblings: get lost, you lot, before I dish the dirt on your madness. And you know I can.) I decided that I loved knitting soap socks - and now, about sixteen socks later, I am sick of them. Thankfully, the recipient of my madness (charity sale of work) will be more than happy to take them off my hands, so for now I will move on to greener pastures, e.g.

fingerless mittens!


Because I can knit them - yup: cast on 44 stitches, rib for a bit, plain/purl for a bit, rib a bit more, sew 'em up the side, crochet around the thumb-hole and ... waahlaah:
Cost of yarn? €2. Sight of porky fingers? Priceless.

9 comments:

Paul & Carla said...

Cute little mitts. I need some for winter. Most I've seen are done on DPNs and in the round. Hmmmmm...

hooksandyarns said...

Your soap socks will be appreciated for sure. And I love the fingerless mittens. :)

Emily said...

Brilliant!!!! I love them- good to know you are upholding the family obsession with soap (wink wink Mother) Have just finished making a few felted soaps here with fleece, they are such a nifty idea!

Anne said...

Love your soap socks - great idea. And your fingerless gloves and fingers look good too! :)

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

So you might have made a lot of soap socks, but I love, love, LOVE them. You're right, they're totally cute

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

The soap socks look great in a bunch, and the mitts are cute, too.

Reality Jayne said...

meowwww.....!

Crochetin Feonix said...

Both are great ideas :) I am a crocheter and have made 3 pairs for 3 of my children :)

erin said...

awesome! I love the knitted soaps. I don't know how to knit yet, so I'll stick with felting soaps!! (found you from Emily's blog)