Saturday, May 4, 2013

Aaaaannnnd ... she's back!

 

I've had a tough month. We went home to Ireland again and once again came back with a bronchial infection (baby) and the 'flu (me). It has taken us a good month to get over it. Today Baby Gingerbread and I went out for a walk and had a look at the botanical garden:





Then we dropped by to our favourite bakery for some goodies:




Then we went home to share our loot with Papa.



And despite everything - maybe because of everything - I've been crocheting. Quite frankly, it's what has kept me sane.



Nearly finished! Then I just need to write up the pattern, have it tested, review and adjust it --- and publish it! Easy-peasy!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! Love the blanket, and of course baby too :) glad you are getting to crochet. We all need more sanity in our lives!! :D xx

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL !!! Can't wait for the pattern ! Glad every one is feeling better. We been struggling with the nasty flu too :(

Anne said...

Beautiful!! :)

Anne said...

Sorry to hear you and baby are sick though! :)

Barbara said...

Beautiful blanket!!

Chrissy said...

That is a gorgeous blanket. Hope you are feeling back to fighting strength soon.

Petunia Pill said...

Oh, that's a beauty! Pattern? Uhm, yes, PLEASE! Love your photos! Those tulips are yummy! So is that sweet baby's head! Give it a little kiss for me...my baby IRS all grown up and at age 24, thinks I've lost my mind if I try to kiss her head! Lol. Hugs, Annette

nursenikkiknits said...

Welcome back! Thank you for all the beautiful colours in this post.

Karen said...

welcome back!

glad everyone is feeling better...

Do you need a tester? I could test it for you!!! please? oh,it looks lovely!

blessings
Karen

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back and extrememly GLAD that you are crocheting! And you're exactly right...it keeps me sane too! Love your new afghan and your son is getting so big!

Unknown said...

I am sooo glad that you're back and extremely GLAD that you're crocheting! You are exactly right...it keeps me sane to! Love, love, LOVE the afghan and that son of yours is getting so big!

Jay said...

I love the crochet blanket, reminds me of a stained glass window! Hope you and baby are feeling much better now.